Working for this growing business located in the Cheadle Stockport area, my client is looking to recruit a full-time Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. You will ideally have accounting experience and be looking to grow and develop with the business. The main purpose of the role is to effectively manage the administrative aspects of the Sales & Purchase Ledger and liaise with relevant departments to ensure both Sales & Purchase invoices and credits are processed accurately.
- Raise Sales invoices on time and accurately
- Purchase ledger - processing supplier invoices and reconciling balances
- Produce monthly statements for customers and resolve any queries.
- Assisting with Credit Control where necessary.
- Setting up new customers and suppliers
- Request & reconcile monthly statements
- Assist with the weekly payment run
- Process employee expenses, and credit card transactions and reconcile petty cash.
- Assist with Month & Year End when applicable including posting journals in SAGE
- Assisting with the quarterly VAT returns
- Assistance with the completion of annual accounts
Skills and experience needed:
- Achieved or working towards AAT or similar
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Excel
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Confident to liaise with all departments and levels of staff and external parties
- Knowledge of accounts software, preferably Sage