Are you a school leaver or looking to launch your Accountancy & Finance career, we have an opportunity with one of our clients who is looking to take on an apprentice who has a genuine interest in Accountancy and Finance, this is your way to start earning industry recognised qualifications (AAT) while gaining experience in an accountancy role
As an Accounts Apprentice your time will be split between working with our Accounting Training team at the premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
- Managing sales ledger, ensuring that all customer despatches are accurately invoiced and any customer returns/complaints are credited in a timely manner
- Allocation of customer payments to their accounts on a daily basis.
- Credit Control – resolving customer invoice queries, provision of monthly customer statements, chasing outstanding debt and ensuring that customer balances are within credit limits
- Weekly provision of reports for customers above their credit limit and customers with outstanding debt to be provided showing action to be taken to resolve.
- Managing purchase ledger ensuring that any price or quantity queries are resolved in a timely manner. Ensure accurate posting of purchase invoices for value, VAT codes and nominals.
- Responsible for ensuring that credit notes are received for all supplier returns, chasing suppliers if not received within a timely manner.
- Month end reconciliation of purchase receipts to purchases nominals to ensure that invoices have been accounted for within the correct month. Provision of a list of un-invoiced supplier receipts and returns to be provided to the commercial accountant so they can be accrued for.
- Wants to study towards full qualification
- Excellent Grades in Maths
- Good level of IT skills. Proven experience of Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Advocate of excellent customer care dealing with a range of customer and supplier queries/concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent organisational, planning prioritisation and time management skills
Minimum wage applies as you will funded and developed into the position whilst also being given time to study