This Assistant Bursar position is focussed on supporting the running of the School for all accountancy and payment/fee duties. We are looking for candidates with strong skills in accountancy and time management as this is a busy position dealing with all invoicing, supplier payments, direct debit administration and year end support. Working in an Education setting
- Oversee the school ordering / invoicing process including payments for all goods and services
- Post the payroll journal and to reconcile the payroll
- The payment of all pensions, AVC’s, PAYE.
- The administration relating to pension schemes
- Record and bank all school income on to the finance system.
- Preparation, production, distribution and collection of fees
- Assist the Bursar in the monitoring and review of debtors in line with school policy.
- Manage the operation of all bank accounts
- Ensure that reconciliations are carried out monthly and all control accounts balance and have been coded correctly.
- Calculation and preparation of all fees and other charges relating to pupil bills.
- Arrange timetables for and collation of extra charges to be added to termly bills.
- Production of fee invoices and management of any fee queries arising.
- Preparation and submission of termly, monthly and interim direct debit collections.
- Receipt and allocation of fee monies and updating records that relate to the fees ledger
- Co-ordinate Childcare Voucher schemes.
- Reconciliation to nominal ledger.
- To manage and track bursary accounts and payments.
To be successful in this position you will need experience in an educational setting or training/similar environment, the accountancy/finance side is essential. This is a rewarding position but as it is based in a school you will need to be fully DBS checked .