A buyer is required for a FTC 6-9 months, for a thriving business that continues to expand. This buying position is working in a mid size team with a non-corporate feel where you will own the complete purchasing process for your category. A very busy position that is based around many wholesale/retail repeat and large order items.
They need an experienced purchaser who is very operationally focused and is used to dealing with a large volume of purchasing orders and the administration associated with the position and has a background in sourcing new suppliers based on customer demands and seeing through the complete purchasing process from negotiation to supplier relationships
- Understand product specifications
- Purchasing large orders with high volume items
- Analyse customer requirements
- Placing orders and sourcing products accordingly
- Coordinate with manufacturers and negotiate on process and prices
- Perform market study and coordinate with sales and purchasing team to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain inventory of purchased supplies
- Report on purchasing data to control the purchasing process
Skills & experience:
- Exposure to purchasing/procurement methods
- Previous Buying experience
- Able to recognise innovation from new and existing suppliers and develop/improve supply route.
Full time position with onsite parking.