We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Ladies Denim Designer to join an established Ladieswear supplier. The company design and develops fashion ranges for high-street & online retailers.
- Working within the Design team.
- You will be responsible for managing the design process from fabrication, initial sketch and technical packs through to development based on the client’s specifications.
- Be commercially aware of current trends to stay ahead of the competition.
- Developing the own brand, working closely with the buyer on product development ensuring a cohesive denim collection seasonally.
- Working with production to ensure all products are designed and manufactured in line with the customers’ direction and critical path within sometimes tight deadlines.
- Working as part of the design team to provide an effective and efficient service to various areas of the business.
- Daily contact with third parties including the Far East.
- Daily contact with our customers at different levels.
- Supporting the business in adding value to its clients, understanding and researching new product development opportunities.
- You will need to have experience working with denim and have a strong technical understanding across fabrications, wash treatments and garment construction.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Denim.
- Other duties as required.