Our client, a global pharma company are looking for a Director Medical Affairs for an immediate start. This is full-time and permanent position. You will be located in the UK, Belgium, Germany or Luxembourg. This role is to support our fast-growing business in the field of wound management.
As a Director Medical Affairs, you will be responsible for leading medical affairs communications, publications, patient advocacy and education initiatives. You are expected to travel domestically and internationally to attend congresses and external meetings with academic and industry collaborators. You will also work in x-functional team and participate in the international management team.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Develops and implements an integrated medical affairs plan and budget that supports development, marketing and sales strategies and projects for the company portfolio.
- Builds and maintains a network of academic key opinion leaders for the indications of the companies actual and future product portfolio.
- Development of disease specific medical and patient education plans, whether old school, digital, web-based or mobile, through the critical evaluation of relevant medical information obtained from multiple sources and platforms.
- Maintains professional relationships with key targeted organizations and individuals.
- Drive cross functional medical scientific communication efforts in alignment with business development and sales and marketing to ensure prioritized submission and publication of material to address educational needs internally and externally across all affiliates.
- Ensures that all medical communication activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with R&D as well as with marketing and sales to translate data evidence into medical communication objectives, key messages and activities.
- Provides strategic input on key planning teams such as: conventions, sales meetings, sales training and medical education programs.
- Represent the company at various medical congresses.
- Provide expertise in support of developing content (slides, websites, app) for medical communications and education.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- M.D, Ph.D. or significant Medical Affairs experience
- Minimum of 6 years of prior industry Medical Affairs experience
- Experience in wound care or/and dermatology are an asset.
- Excellent planning, organisational and interpersonal skills as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Including the ability to speak publicly.
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks at academia level to support educational initiatives around commercial products.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability
- High energy and self-directed with the ability to rapidly integrate into the company culture.
- English: fluent