An excellent opportunity has arisen for a legal secretary to join a family law team based in South Manchester. This highly reputable and well-established legal team is looking for a legal secretary to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and knowledge in family law, but this is not essential. This is a permanent position with an immediate start. Monday - Friday 9-5.30 pm. This role may suit someone who is a junior secretary with a good administration background and is looking to build a career in family law or legal secretary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audio typing using digital dictation
- Diary management
- Secretarial support to fee earners
- Dealing with new enquiries and general telephone enquiries
- Fielding telephone calls and emails
- Instructing Counsel if directed
- Copying, scanning & Filing including preparation of court bundles
- Conversant in the use of a case management system but training will be given
- Liaising with clients and other professionals
- Opening & closing files
Desired but not essential:
Have used CCMS and had general experience with regards to legal aid cases.
- Excellent IT and ability to utilise new technology
- Competent in the use of case management system – training will be provided for the use of LEAP case management system
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
If you are interested in this position and have the relevant experience, please apply with your CV!!