Our client, a global Drug Discovery company is currently recruiting for a Group Lead - Pharmacology to be based in the North West of England. The main responsibilities are:-
- Responsible for the management of the anti-infectives in vivo group and activities therein.
- Ensure that projects are prioritized correctly and delivered to agreed quality standards, timelines and budgets.
- Work with Anti-infective SVPs and peers to deliver scientific excellence across the anti-infectives portfolio.
- Ensure benchmarking of the group with regard to current and future developments in the field and industry trends to maximize competitive advantage.
- Undertake medium and short-term planning and supervision of projects, which may require interaction with multiple departments and external clients.
- Assist in the development and management of budgets; allocates resources and monitors project costs; costs are reported on a monthly basis and projects re-budgeted if circumstances change
- Support management with proposal writing and Business Development activities.
- Responsible for the performance management, career development and training of department employees.
- Key interface with clients and collaborators across anti-infective portfolio.
- Serves as a scientific expert contributing at a high level across in vivo pharmacology activities (Innovate and Execute), including PKPD, efficacy models, study design and implementation.
- Ensure robust and high quality scientific practice within the in vivo team, bridging in vitro microbiology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires a high-level of skill in executing empirically driven science, the ability to direct a portfolio of in vivo studies and programs, and the ability to manage multiple scientific project leaders.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work closely and effectively across a broad range of scientific functions in order to deliver a seamless anti-infective drug discovery platform, for internal and external projects.
- In-depth / working knowledge of PKPD profiling and modelling as related to anti-infective drug discovery or other therapeutic area would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with senior management and align department delivery to commercial and corporate goals.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D., or equivalent, and postdoctoral training in relevant scientific discipline.
- 10+ years of drug discovery experience (anti-infective therapeutic area is advantageous but others will be considered).
- Scientific leadership experience, and strong management abilities. Knowledge of outsourcing and CRO landscape.
- Proven track record of scientific achievement and leadership.
- Experience in directing / leading multiple, successful programs.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations to various audiences.