Our client, a biotech organisation based in North West England is currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Scientist with a strong DMPK background to work alongside the medicinal chemists within a lab based setting. The Principal Scientist is responsible for:-
- Being accountable for timely and effective DMPK support for projects in discovery/preclinical and clinical development and for marketed products support.
- Will actively participate on project/product teams, as well as collaborating with research unit teams
- Serve as a DMPK representative in drug discovery and development teams, design DMPK experiments, perform PK/PD analyses, communicate results to project teams, and solve project issues
- Write pharmacokinetic reports and regulatory documents (IB, IND/IMPD, NDA/BLA)
- Manage external collaborations with universities, CROs and commercial partners
- To lead scientific teams, conducting research and analyzing results.
The ideal candidate must have BSc, MSc or PhD in a Science related discipline
A minimum of 5 years in a relevant previous drug discovery and/or research experience in the DMPK discipline
Excellent communication, and organizational skills are required, along with demonstrated ability to interface effectively with medicinal chemists