Our client is a fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based in the North West of England. They provide specialist bioanalytical services to support our clients with their discovery and regulatory drug development programmes. They provide services to support our clients with their small & large molecule, peptide, oligonucleotide and biomarker projects. The facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art LC-MS/MS instruments complimented by many other analytical technologies.
They are currently recruiting a Principal Scientist to join their Method Development Group to complement the existing knowledge base in the group. The team is tasked with developing robust and reliable bioanalytical methods to a quality standard to meet regulatory requirements.
- Development of bioanalytical methods, ensuring all methods are robust and reliable enough to validate to meet regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with bioanalytical methods and instrumentation.
- A full awareness and understanding of all the current scientific developments and changing regulations in the bioanalytical community.
- Actively seeking to collaborate with customers, academic groups or scientific vendors to raise the scientific profile of the client through webinars, seminars, posters and publications.
- Mentor laboratory scientists to develop their knowledge and understanding of bioanalytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Act as a bioanalytical subject matter expert.
- Drive the implementation of new scientific instrumentation.
- Present Scientific updates to clients.
- Assist BD in the generation of quotes by conducting literature searches to provide an indication of the potential difficulty of bioanalytical methods and assist with client visits/calls where detailed scientific input is required.
- Work in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a regulatory bioanalysis laboratory with 3-5 years’ experience developing LC-MS/MS bioanalytical assays.
- A competent user of Sciex and Waters LC-MS/MS systems.
- Good knowledge of separation science and bioanalytical extraction methodologies
- Tenacious and proven trouble-shooter.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working within a GLP/GLP accredited facility.
- Good computer literacy and competent in Microsoft office applications Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of scientific software platforms such as Analyst, Masslynx, UNIFI, WATSON, Softmax Pro, and ELn.
- An understanding of Large Molecule analysis and non LC-MS/MS techniques an advantage.
- Experience of Validating Methods to FDA/EMA guidelines
Our client will offer the successful candidate an interesting and fulfilling career along with an excellent renumeration package including a competitive salary, generous holidays and pension