Our client, a biotech company who are focused on developing novel precision medicines that have the potential to transform treatment in oncology and fibrosis. They develop and manufacture small molecule treatments using its world-class medicinal chemistry expertise and lab infrastructure. Based in the North West of England and offer excellent working conditions, competitive salary and additonal benefits.
The ideal DMPK candidate will work closely with colleagues in medicinal chemistry and biology to help drive forward the identification and optimisation of novel drug candidates. You will provide DMPK expertise to projects across the company portfolio as a key member of the project team. In addition, you will also be responsible for working with CROs to ensure the generation of high quality and timely data to determine ADME characteristics that meet project requirements.
• Act as DMPK Lead, supporting drug discovery projects by providing scientific direction and leadership across the project portfolio
• Responsible for the delivery, analysis and interpretation of high-quality in vitro and in vivo data from external CROs
• Establish and/or manage external collaborations with universities, CROs and commercial partners
• Support head of department and senior management in operational and strategic planning (budgets, resources, etc.)
• Ensure delivery of project milestones and drug candidates in accordance with the project development plan
• Maintain awareness of contemporary drug discovery and highlight new developments, insights and lessons learned throughout the organisation
• Represent science to potential collaborators/partners
• Ensure project timelines are minimized by aligning downstream project activities appropriately
• BSc, MSc or PhD in a Science related discipline
• A minimum of 5 years in a relevant previous drug discovery and/or research experience in the DMPK discipline