A buyer is required for a thriving business that continues to expand. This buying position is working in a mid size team with a non-corporate feel where you will own the complete purchasing process for 4 categories. A very busy position that is based around many repeat and large order items.
They need an experienced purchaser who is very operationally focussed and is used to dealing with a large volume of purchasing orders and has a background in sourcing new suppliers based on customer demands and seeing through the complete purchasing process from negotiation to supplier relationships and assessing the benefits of one supply route over another
- Understand product specifications
- Purchasing large orders with high volume items
- Analyse customer requirements
- Placing orders and sourcing products accordingly
- Coordinate with manufacturers and negotiate on process and prices
- Perform market study and coordinate with sales and purchasing team to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain inventory of purchase supplies
- Report on purchasing data to control the purchasing process
Skills & experience:
- Exposure to purchasing/procurement methods
- Previous Buying experience
- Able to recognise innovation from new and existing suppliers and develop/improve supply route.
Full time position with onsite parking.