A global company based in Liverpool are looking to expand their team and are looking for a Research and Development Mechanical Programmer to join the company. The role will be to start a research and development position to implement software and hardware solutions to streamline the product manufacturing process.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for electronics or have a degree or GCSE in electronics. Will have done programming and coding before Python and C++
- Being responsible for developing software tools and hardware solutions for production improvements.
- Liaising directly with production departments to understand their needs and inefficiencies on a day-to-day basis.
- Accounting for all the production team’s requirements where possible.
- Using HP3070 software and information generated by our test engineers to Automate DXF generation for the design process of our products. (Training for this software and data packages will be provided by our test engineers)
- Working with CNC machines to ensure all tools and features are utilised fully, for a smooth and streamlined flow of product through manufacture. Training by the CNC manufacturers would be available.
- Being able to work independently and efficiently
- Working under the production manager to choose projects to work on
- Working efficiently to release test builds of tools, to gather production user feedback as soon as possible into projects.
- Experience in creating hardware solutions to specific problems.
- Ability to learn skills or acquire the knowledge required to complete specific tasks.
- Experience with mechanical systems.
- Ability to learn design and manufacturing procedures to understand the entire manufacturing process of the products to then diagnose key areas that could be automated with software or hardware solutions
Monday - Friday 37.5 hours
Salary £30-£50k DOE
Great benefits package available
If this is a role that you're interested in, and you have the skills required then please apply with your CV!!