Our client is a rapidly growing speciality vaccine company based in Scotland, due to success and progression of the company they are looking to recruit a number of Scientific Manufacturing Process Technicians to operate and maintain production manufacturing steps for the scale up production of vaccines. The purpose of this role is to execute defined and trained manufacturing steps for the production of a Covid-19 vaccine according to set procedures and protocols and according to best cGMP work practices and Quality standards.
This role is initially a Monday - Friday day shift but the client extends to become a 24/7 site at some point in mid 2021, there will be a shift pattern introduced., you will have input into how this shift patterns looks. The purpose of this role is to execute defined and trained manufacturing steps for the production of a Covid-19 vaccine according to set procedures and protocols and according to best cGMP work practices and Quality standards.
- Execute production steps defined by SOPs, production records and protocol for manufacture of vaccine
- Apply best cGMP work practices and techniques
- Conduct on-time reporting according to defined document management standards
- Immediately escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures to the supervising team
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Ensure that at any time equipment, facilities and materials used in the area of responsibility comply with defined standards
- Support change controls, investigations and CAPAs in the most diligent manner
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate those to the respective manufacturing supervisor or appropriate person
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- Shift work and out of hours work as may be required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Be accountable that the individual workspace is clean, tidy and well organised
- Relevant degree or HNC/HND or equivalent experience
- Experience of cell culture and aseptic technique is essential
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience of working within a cGMP environment
- Experience of following SOPs within defined cGMP work practices
- Self-motivated individual
- Excellent comportment in cleanroom environment
- Good attention to detail and adherence to procedures
- Ability to execute activities following direction
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company whose aim is to help people lead healthier and longer lives.