Our client is a global medical technology company with sites across the UK and US. They focus on developing and manufacturing diagnostic care solutions and also take these products to market and commercialisation. They are currently experiencing growth and expanding their business so will be recruiting proactive and enthusiastic people to support the growth of the business, one of the roles they are recruiting for initially is a Scientist 1 - Assay Development.
The purpose of the role will be to assist in the development of diagnostic assays as part of the assay development team. You will:-
- Carry out experiments for assessing and to make improvements in the assays to meet standards, stability and costs
- Carry our meter testing of batches and develop new testing protocols.
- Analyse the data generated and work with more senior members of the team to agree next steps
- Write and update lab and project related procedures and documents
- Have knowledge and understanding of iterative design optimization
- Have knowledge of diagnostic immunoassay technology
- Have experience of working in a GMP/GLP environment
- You will be highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- You will have the ability to ensure positive and proactive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will take ownership and have a high level of personal accountability and have the ability to plan and organise work effectively
- You will have a degree in a relevant scientific discipline
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very success and expanding company with global exposure