Our client, a global leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs is currently seeking a Senior Scientist to join their Anti-Infectives Scientific team based in the North West.
You will participate in the inception, design, and delivery of pre-clinical studies in the infectious disease area. You will also have line management and project leadership responsibilities, interacting with a range of clients around the world.
- Leadership of client and internal projects through planning, execution and reporting phases with strong emphasis on customer service.
- Be an active partner with Discovery teams to enable the thoughtful and efficient identification and optimization of drug candidates through integration of in silico, in vitro and in vivo approaches to impact program decisions.
- Quality control of data, preparation of formal reports for clients, and presentation of data at conferences and to customers.
- Assist business development activities through technical presentations and discussions with clients/potential clients, proposal drafting and costing.
- Ability to work with and guide a closely interacting team to deliver to tight timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with cross-site and cross-discipline activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a portfolio of fast moving studies and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including remote interactions, as well as good organisational and time management abilities.
- Comfortable with external interactions with clients and prospective clients.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent standards of data capture and data analysis as well as written and oral presentation skills.
- Problem-solver with strong ability to implement new ideas and technologies.
- Highly adaptive and able to work effectively in a fast moving and high growth environment.
Education & Experience
- PhD (or higher/equivalent) in a life sciences discipline with relevant focus OR equivalent relevant industrial or academic experience is expected, experience of working in a CRO environment would be advantageous.
- Experience working in a microbiology laboratory environment at containment level 2, using range of methodologies; direct experience working with bacteria, fungi or viruses would be highly desirable.
- Experience in the infectious disease therapeutic area, in particular in vitro or in vivo pharmacology including PK/PD relationships of anti-infective drugs would be highly advantageous.
- Proven project leadership skills and familiarity with small molecule drug discovery and development is expected, additional experience with peptide and biologic drugs would be advantageous.