Our client is a global medical technology company with sites across the UK and US. They focus on developing and manufacturing diagnostic care solutions and also take these products to market and commercialisation. They are currently experiencing growth and expanding their business so will be recruiting proactive and enthusiastic people to support the growth of the business, one of the roles they are recruiting for initially is a Senior Scientist.
You will work within the Reagents Development Group leading a team of Scientists and Technicians developing reagents for a given assay and determine processes to characterise these reagents as they are developed. Throughout this you will develop processes with a view to optimise design for manufacture. You will also be responsible for developing on-strip dry multiple assays on the clients platform.
- You will lead the development of scaleable reagents processes and facilitate transfer to manufacturing
- You will lead the design, development and qualification of in process tests to track and trend performance of assay reagents
- You will design, execute and analyse, using statistical tools, the appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving assay reagents
- You will ensure that the developed reagents are are tested to demonstrate the meet required performance, stability and cost requirements for the assay platform.
- You will solve any problems encountered during reagent and assay development and you will have an input into validation and verification activites.
- You will create and maintain quality records for the purpose of assessing and improving assay methodologies and documenting experiments
- You will technically review change controls and review laboratory note books
- You will be highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- You will have the ability to ensure positive and proactive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will take ownership and have a high level of personal accountability and have the ability to plan and organise work effectively
- You will have a degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- You will have the ability to listen and and present effectively and provide progress updates and feedback on a regular basis and have the ability to plan and organise work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines
- You will have experience of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA)
- You will have experience of working in a laboratory within GLP and GDP guidelines
- You will have experience in statistical analysis and design of experiments.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very success and expanding company with global exposure