We are currently supporting our client with the recruitment of Synthetic Organic Chemists. The role can be based in the South East of England or the East Midlands. The successful candidates can have varying levels of experience, from Graduates to experienced Chemists with practical experience of working in industry, you just need to have a demonstrated knowledge of synthetic chemistry.
The client will offer excellent training and support to enable you to grow and become more skilled in both medicinal and synthetic chemistry.
- You will be responsible for the synthesis of novel drug-like molecules destined for biological testing. As the roles are lab based you will be expected to be familiar with common techniques of organic synthesis.
- You will be responsible for preparing customer reports to specific customer requirements, upholding the highest level of scientific integrity.
- You will be expected to communicate effectively with your team and show flexibility when priorities change.
- You will show an enthusiasm for learning new skills and will be expected to assist with routine tasks.
- A degree in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with a final-year organic synthesis research project, and/or an industrial placement year spent working in synthetic organic chemistry.
- A good knowledge and understanding of organic chemistry.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful CRO and become part of a great team of dedicated scientists.