The role of Payroll Assistant is a process critical position within my client. This position is working for a busy company based in Wilmslow where you will be in a team of 5 in an office environment. This is a busy role but one that we are able to offer to candidates who would like a career in payroll but that have limited experience, if any, in that position. Experience at entry-level is a bonus, however, we are looking for candidates with good Maths skills and Administration experience that want to work in payroll. This position isn't suitable for candidates wanting a career in Accounts and working towards their AAT as it's a busy Payroll department with no accounts duties.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build on their career and join a stable and growing business that can offer a solid career.
The key objective for the Payroll Assistant is to ensure the smooth running of the payroll process
- Ensure invoices are processed in line with deadlines
- Reconciliation of all payments made
- Assist with the production of weekly and monthly payrolls each day
- Maintaining the integrity of payroll information
- Preparation of weekly reports
- Balance checking payments
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Office experience
- Some payroll experience
- Excellent with Excel
- Good numeracy skills
- Can pick things up quickly
Salary will be 18-20k dependant on payroll experience level