Ladieswear Knitwear Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Ladies Knitwear Designer to join our expanding and very successful design team, reporting directly into the Design Manager. We’re looking for a knitwear specialist with extensive knitwear specific experience in ladieswear to deliver a commercially successful and on-brand, creative knitwear range.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consistently developing the knitwear product to drive the brand forward.
- Responsibility for updating best sellers and directing the range independently of the Knitwear Buyer.
- Presenting and interacting with Directors and senior management in Buy meetings, with the ability to offer creative solutions when needed.
- Ownership for all product direction development initiatives.
- Responsible for all sourcing for the Knitwear department, including all yarns, trims and details.
- Inspiration research and collaboration with the Design team to set themes for the season.
- Accountable for generating all technical design packs and knitwear product specifications for suppliers.
- Liaising directly with the Knitwear supply base on a daily basis. Nurturing relationships and dealing with all queries which arise.
- Briefing suppliers and preparing research packs ahead of international trips.
- Accountable for the Knitwear critical path, including personal time management to meet strict deadlines.
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience working as a womenswear knitwear specialist.
- Competence in designing jacquards, intarsias and embroidery concepts. Experience of working in a fast-paced design team with a very high creative output.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in using CAD, Photoshop and illustrator is essential, as well as the ability to hand sketch freely.
- A good eye for colour and the ability to interpret concepts creatively.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- A demonstrated ability to self-propel and initiate key concepts.
- A positive attitude and passion for creativity and design.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advertisement. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, then you may presume that your application has been unsuccessful.